Happy New Year’s, Everyone!
I know this is a little late, but I wanted to say it anyway. I hope things are going well for all of you.
Things have really changed for me over the year of 2012. I realized a lot about myself which is a very good thing. I really look forward to this New Year. I am really hoping that things will start to look up for me, since last year was a bit of a disaster.
I decided that I would share my New Year’s resolutions pertaining to writing and this blog.
- Continue To Write Everyday-I am really enjoying writing everyday. Before, while I did write everyday, there was not a place that I could really direct my thoughts and I was not sure how to work with them. This blog have given me the opportunity to do just that. I find it to be a great outlet and I hope that I can keep it up.
- Finish and Revise My First Novel-I need to do this! I am going to finish my first novel. I will not rush, but I will push myself to write a certain amount each day. The certain amount is just insurance. I am thinking at least, 2000 words a day. That seems achievable. I will just have to figure how to work around school since that takes a long time. I am determined to do this. I feel like I have something to prove. I am not trying to prove anything to someone else. I am trying to prove something to myself. I want to show myself that I can do this.
- Participate in NaNoWriMo and actually hit the goal-I participated in NaNoWriMo this year, but due to school and a number of unfortunate circumstances, I did not hit the fifty thousand. This year I am determined to do it again, but I am going to hit the goal this time. I am determined to! I WILL DO THIS!
- Find a New Job that involves Writing-I need to get a new job. I need to do something with writing, especially if that is what I would like to do with my future. Thus, Let the search begin!
- Participate in Some Writing Contests/Getting Some Stuff Published-I would like to do both of these. I think it would be a really great learning opportunity, but also, it would be a way to possibly get my name out there. I am willing to do the work needed.
I am going to work to stick to this resolutions and I hope you are able to stick to your own. I wish you all the very best with your own resolutions and I hope the New Year brings everything you need.